POST MODERNISM FOR CHURCH MUSICIANS
Modernism, post-modernism, structuralism, post-modern musicology, regionalism, trans-avant-garde, post-colonialism, deconstruction, music as cultural trope, de-terretorialization, cultural autonomy, musical narratology! What is the everyday, practical church musician to make of all these new and confusing terms in the artistic vocabulary? Does any of it even matter on Wednesday or Thursday night, or on Sunday morning? This presentation will try to make sense of the intellectual, social, and artistic movement called Post-Modernism, in our musical context. There will be an opportunity for discussion, and time to work through a personal assessment, to discern “How Post-Modern Am I? Please join us on Friday, November 9th, 7:30 pm, at Trillium Lutheran Church, 22 Willow Street, Waterloo, for this interesting and timely discussion.
Save the dates
- Annual Wine and Cheese at the home of Corey Linforth. January 10, 2020
- Members Recital February 9. Location to be confirmed
- Choral Reading session. April 18. Location to be confirmed
- Musicians and Mental Health followup workshop to the very successful event we held last year. May 3. Location to be confirmed
- Annual General Meeting. June 14. Location to be confirmed